my copy of emacs installed through homebrew was acting up: everytime i tried to click the “markdown” menu when editing a markdown’ed text file, emacs would terminate rather abruptly (aka crash). decidedly not nice.
so: try to reinstall… a couple of hours later this is the recipe that worked for me:
> brew install --with-modern-icon --without-spacemacs-icon --with-mailutils --with-jansson --HEAD emacs-plus
Inspired by Evan Brown’s post Hugo on the go I decided to follow pretty much the same route — with a couple of twists.
In a nutshell Evan has set up a continuous integration chain for his hugo based website. The workflow is as follows:
Where Evan is using github, travis, and S3 I wanted to go the self-hosted route. So,
The workflow then looks like this:
For editing and creating new posts I do use Working Copy — same as Evan is.
OK, I’m back to where I started, blog-wise: statically generated content. The first incarnation of d2h.net was using an emacs generated blog, this time round I’ve ended up with using hugo.
The hugo theme is not quite there yet, expect changes 😀