we are just back from five fantastic days in [engadin]! all of last week we went on a snowshoe hike each day — enjoying fantastic scenery, lots and lots of sunshine, and excellent food. the whole week was organized by the [dav summit club] as part of their _genuss plus[^1]_ program, meaning we got to stay in [s-chanf] in a very nice hotel with hot shower ensuite (!) and excellent 4-course dinner meals every night!
[dav summit club]: http://www.dav-summit-club.de/
[^1]: which translates as, roughly, “enjoyment plus”…roughly…
the engadin is one of the nicest areas of switzerland. i especially (given my vertigo) appreciated the rounded mountain tops without dramatic chasms! the language spoken there is [romantsch], an ancient language with place names that could have come straight out of the _[lord of the rings]_.
[lord of the rings]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings
in case you are interested, [we’ve taken a couple of pictures for you to enjoy :-)][pixs]
also, here’s the list of [googleearth] tracks for each day:
* [monday, 2008-02-18, muntische](http://d2h.net/blog/stuff/20080218-pix.kmz)
* [tuesday, 2008-02-19, piz murtiröl](http://d2h.net/blog/stuff/20080219-pix.kmz)
* [wednesday, 2008-02-20, piz campagnun](http://d2h.net/blog/stuff/20080220-pixs.kmz)
* [thursday, 2008-02-21, munt griatschouls](http://d2h.net/blog/stuff/20080221-pixs.kmz)
* [friday, 2008-02-22, chamanna d’es-cha](http://d2h.net/blog/stuff/20080222-pixs.kmz)